Position: UX Design Lead
Location: Oslo, Lysaker / Hybrid
The maritime industry is at the cusp of digital transformation, and we at Wilhelmsen are here to shape the future. We are committed to shaping the maritime industry through our market leading products and services. We seek to pursue new opportunities in renewables, zero-emission shipping, and marine digitalization. We take innovation, sustainability, and unparalleled customer experiences one step further.
Through edge computing on vessels, autonomous ships, vessel performance management and onboard software for day-to-day ship management, we’re going after the vast opportunities in this otherwise traditional sector. We have software deployed and actively used on a third of the world’s merchant fleet, and we’re not stopping there.
We are looking for a UX Design Lead to drive our digital products portfolio and take user and customer experiences with Wilhelmsen Ships Service to the next level. As our UX Design Lead, you will be instrumental in shaping our digital products and how we as an organization work with design.
Wilhelmsen Ships Service Digital is a team that are passionate about developing software for the maritime industry and radically improving customer and user experiences. Our team consists of product managers, software engineers, data scientists and other digital minded people. We are growing and are now looking for someone who wants to take ownership of design and user experience.
Read more about our team and our digital products here.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate is someone who wants to work hands on with design, while having a bird’s-eye view and thus ensure good and consistent experiences across our digital products. Since we are a small and newly established team, you will be able to influence your role and how we work in the future.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about good design and eager to share knowledge with others. You have a strategic mindset and like seeing the full picture. You want to constantly improve and therefore seek and welcome constructive feedback from users and colleagues. We work in dedicated product teams, so it’s a benefit if you have experience working in agile product development teams. In terms of experience and education, we are looking for someone with 4-6 years of experience and relevant higher education (Bachelor’s or Master’s), although experience can compensate for lack of formal education. If you have experience from the maritime industry, worked with design in a B2B company or even know some front-end development, that’s definitely a bonus, but not a requirement.
What we offer
- A central role in a company that is shaping the maritime industry
- The tools you need and love
- Competitive salary and an attractive pension plan
- Flexible working hours and location, working in a young and self-driven team
- Global travels, port visits and vessel sailing opportunities (we have presence in more countries than the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Company cabins in both winter and summer locations
- Our very own sports organization for employees, WIL, with activities such as kayaking, squash, football, yoga and much more (pub-crawls and skiing-trips)
- Gym and indoor court in the basement of the offices (football every Friday at lunch)
- Perks like a paid mobile subscription and health insurance
How we work
We believe that people thrive under freedom and autonomy and can therefore not say exactly what your day-to-day would look like. However, we believe it will include some of the following:
- Mentoring and encouraging the team on design thinking to improve user experiences
- Engaging with customers and users to learn their world and understand their needs
- Creating wireframes and prototypes
- Collaborating closely with software engineers, product managers and other designers
- Mapping user journeys and lead workshops and ideation sessions
- Maintaining our design system and ensure quality in the design
- Building a design culture and team
Apply in the form below 👇 or directly to Thea Freeman
if you want to know more about the position or submit an application.
Senior Growth Consultant at Wilhelmsen
+47 413 21 544