Position: Enterprise Architect
Location: Oslo, Lysaker / Hybrid
The maritime industry is at the cusp of digital transformation, and we at Wilhelmsen are here to shape the future. We are committed to shaping the maritime industry through our market leading products and services. We seek to pursue new opportunities in renewables, zero-emission shipping, and marine digitalization. We take innovation, sustainability, and unparalleled customer experiences one step further.
Through edge computing on vessels, autonomous ships, vessel performance management and onboard software for day-to-day ship management, we’re going after the vast opportunities in this otherwise traditional sector. We have software deployed and actively used on a third of the world’s merchant fleet, and we’re not stopping there.
As an Enterprise Architect here in Wilhelmsen you will shape our tech landscape and architecture for the future!
You will own the overall technology roadmaps and ensure that our technical solutions are aligned with our business objectives. This role will provide technical expertise and oversight to guide and support product teams, projects and external partners. We are looking for someone that has a strong technical experience in addition to a strategic mindset.
“We recently started a Greenfield journey towards decentralizing IT and our Cloud footprint to have more autonomy, flexibility and ownership in the business divisions. On this journey we need a strong technical professional to lead, guide and inspire our digital transformation across the organization.”
– Christian Løset, Director of Enterprise Applications in Wilhelmsen.
Our modernization journey includes upgrading the global ERP system, replacing our integration layer, replacing parts of the application portfolio as well as modernizing some of the applications for a truly cloud-native and CI/CD led environment. This enables us to re-think how we have done things historically with the overall ambition to simplify, decouple and optimize our technology footprint.
Read more about our company here.
What we are looking for
We are looking for candidates who enjoys being close to the technology and rely on experience and expertise rather than academic frameworks.
As a required set of skills, we are looking for
- Experience working with implementation of digital transformation projects
- Experience with technologies and architectures within ERP and public cloud
- Experience with modern development and delivery such as containerization and CI/CD
Additionally, it is a huge benefit with experience in the following areas:
- IT-strategy and strategic roadmap planning
- Cloud architecture and optimization
- IT-Governance and application portfolio management
- Event driven and microservices architecture
- Experience with technologies and architectures within domains such as CRM, MDM, Integration, Ecommerce or similar
- Contributing to and validating technical design
What we offer
- A central role in a company that is shaping the maritime industry
- Competitive salary and an attractive pension plan
- Flexible working hours and location, working in a young and self-driven team
- Global travels, port visits and vessel sailing opportunities (we have presence in more countries than the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Company cabins in both winter and summer locations
- Our very own sports organization for employees, WIL, with activities such as kayaking, squash, football, yoga and much more (pub-crawls and skiing-trips)
- Gym and indoor court in the basement of the offices (football every Friday at lunch)
- Perks like a paid mobile subscription and health insurance
Apply in the form below 👇 or directly to Thea Freeman
if you want to know more about the position or submit an application.
Senior Growth Consultant at Wilhelmsen
+47 413 21 544