Position: Embedded Software developer
Embedded Software developer for the world’s leading Ocean Bottom Seismic technology company
Magseis Fairfield is the global leading provider of ocean bottom seismic (OBS) technology and data acquisition projects. We are now looking for an Embedded Software developer who wants to define and build the next generation node systems!
Our mission is to bring value to our global energy partners and stakeholders by delivering leading edge, safe, sustainable solutions, through technology differentiation and key alliances. The company has a flexible business model with full scale node operations, as well as lease and sale models. The Marine Autonomous Seismic System “MASS” nodes and the range of Z-nodes combined with handling systems and source technology enables market leading deployment speed and highly cost-efficient acquisition of data with exceptional quality.
What do we do?
- We make small autonomous nodes, aka “cellphones” with “talk time” of 5 months, drop them at up to 3000 meters water depth, with sensors able to detect the landing of “a falling feather”
- We let robots, ROVs or rough seamen handle the nodes, in tens of thousands in one operation, dock them creating huge dynamic networks and collect petabytes of data, all handled in field based HPC clusters, with satellite connection to the Cloud
- Magseis Fairfield operates globally creating the data for high resolution images of the earth that are used to find hydrocarbon accumulations by our customers
- Our technical solutions can also assist our customers in developing carbon capture and storage infrastructure, offshore wind farm placement, and offshore minerals exploration
Why Magseis Fairfield?
- We offer challenging tasks in a highly professional and international environment
- High degree of personal development and responsibility
- Competitive terms and conditions
- Office space along the seafront just outside Oslo
You are probably our new Embedded Software developer if you
- Have strong background in C, C++ and Python.
- Have experience with Rust language or a willingness to learn Rust
- Are familiar with high reliability embedded systems, ARM based microcontrollers, RtOS and Linux, IoT protocols and handle various communication media like Bluetooth, RFID, NFC, USB and Ethernet
- Are passionate, pragmatic with highly analytic skills
- Collaborate well and enjoy working in small and larger teams, groups and projects
- Have good communication skills in english
Are you interested?
Apply by joining Talented 👇