Position: Backend developer
Do you want to join the development of a privacy first marketing platform?
Does the thought of companies harvesting and selling your data make you angry? Help us bring back privacy online by giving advertisers an alternative! We are now looking for a Backend developer to join the shaping and future of our product as we continue to expand our presence in Europe. We are building a new publisher platform, and you will be joining the team working on developing a scalable solution.
Here at Kobler we have built a unique product where advertisers can deliver relevant ads without using personal data at all. Whenever an online newspaper article is read there is a real time auction where the winner gets to display their ads. Most of the participants in these auctions bid based on what they know about you, i.e., your personal data that they have gathered or bought from data harvesting companies. Our platform instead contextually couples ads to the article – if you’re reading an article about the best local takeout restaurants, we might place an ad from Foodora. This lets us place relevant ads without tracking of any kind.
Kobler is a trusted B2B company in the ad technology industry located in Oslo and Stockholm. Our expertise is online text processing, and we have powered the search engine for the Norwegian Parliament for many years.
The publisher platform will handle
- A new crawling and scraping system that continuously scans our integrated newspaper sites in realtime to ensure we always have the latest content
- Management and monitoring of programmatic traffic and deals
- Building a self service solution (both APIs and UI) where publishers can easily onboard and manage their integration with the Kobler platform
Our tech stack
- Most of our services are Dropwizard based REST APIs written in Kotlin and Java with Postgres for persistence
- A few are NodeJS written in Typescript. Our frontends are React apps written in Typescript
- Everything runs as Docker containers on AWS ECS, automatically deployed with CircleCI
- If this sounds interesting but you don’t have experience with the languages or tools we’re using, please do not hesitate to apply. Languages and frameworks come and go and we don’t expect anyone to have experience with all of these
Skills and requirements
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Experience building web applications and APIs
- Writing tests and performing code reviews are natural parts of your daily work
- Ideally you have a degree in a relevant field, but experience can make up for this if you don’t
It is a plus if you have experience with
- Cloud platforms (like AWS or GCP)
- Web scraping/crawling
- Experience building public REST APIs
- Experience building scalable, distributed systems
Are you interested?
Apply by joining Talented Community👇