Position: Senior interaction/UX designer
Spond has built Norway’s leading platform to organize and communicate group activities for both children and adults. We make life easier for associations, club managers, team leaders, coaches, parents, and children so that they can spend more time on the activities they love! Today, Spond has 1.3 million monthly active users, and we are experiencing rapid growth and massive interest in markets outside of Norway, both in Europe and in the US. Our ambition is to transform this industry globally. The most important asset on this journey is a strong team of dedicated and passionate employees.
We are now looking for a UX Designer who is passionate about creating user-friendly services that make life easier for people in their everyday life. You enjoy creating rapid sketches and prototypes and implementing improvements and new features based on data and feedback from both users and your team. As a designer, you are enthusiastic about making complex tasks into simple and effective design solutions, with a holistic user experience in mind.
In this role, you will be responsible for UX research and design in Spond, and have a significant impact on how Spond will evolve and work in the future. This involves analyzing user insights and translating these into practical solutions, and exploring how content can be structured and presented to users in an efficient manner. You will be expected to utilize a full range of research and interaction design skills to create simple and effective designs that resonate strongly with our users. You will work closely with our users in Norway, as well as internationally, and work with both new and existing features.
- Overall responsibility for UX research and design in Spond
- Take ownership of functions and features
- Conduct research and gather user insights to identify user needs
- Translate ideas and user insights from sketches and prototypes, to intuitive interfaces and high-fidelity designs
- Develop design specifications for implementation, and follow up on these throughout the implementation phase
- Develop information architecture
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in relevant fields. Relevant experience may compensate for formal education.
- Solid experience (5+ years) designing high-quality solutions for web and mobile applications, all the way from sketches to finalized products
- Ability to prioritize own work and time spent, focusing on value creation for the end-user
- Technical understanding and preferably technical experience
- Portfolio available for perusal, demonstrating solid experience in designing and delivering interactive products for web and mobile
Who are you?
- You are enthusiastic about making life easier and better for people by providing them with efficient tools and solutions
- You thrive working both independently and in multidisciplinary teams. You work purposefully and trust your own abilities, all the while being open to others’ input
- You have a good aesthetic sense and are committed to quality, while also seeing the value of getting new solutions out to users as quickly as possible
- You enjoy working in a fast pace environment and delivering quality work within pre-agreed deadlines
- You have a systems thinking mindset and a good understanding of how the different parts and processes you work with, interrelate within the context of larger systems
We can offer
- The opportunity to influence and impact the further development of Spond
- Help take Spond from a Norwegian household name to an international superstar
- Highly competent and talented colleagues
- A young and engaging work environment filled with passionate individuals
- Flexible work environment, with fantastic offices located super centrally, downtown Oslo
- A unique opportunity to join the journey of a tech scale-up experiencing exponential growth and global ambitions
- Competitive salary and extensive benefits plan
Apply by joining Talented👇