Position: Lead Data Engineer
Spond is a fast-growing Norwegian technology company based in Oslo. With the support of our enthusiastic users, the Spond team has built a market-leading service for organizing teams, groups and clubs around the world, simplifying their everyday lives and saving volunteers and sports leaders millions of hours of admin time. The Spond app currently has more than 1.300,000 monthly active users, half of which are based in Norway. In addition to the Spond app, we also offer Spond Club, a complete membership platform that lets clubs and associations manage their membership, including communication and payments.
Our passion is making fantastic products that power the success of our users. The Spond platforms are available in a number of markets and Spond is experiencing strong traction both in Norway and around the world.
In this role you will
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining infrastructure to support analytics, and making data more accessible to the broader organization.
- Be an integral part of a small and growing data team at Spond.
- Be an active participant in pitching innovative solutions to Spond’s data stack.
- Drive and deliver analytical and/or exploratory projects by providing valuable data and help develop reports and analysis for decision making.
- Train end-users in adopting data tools, and incorporating it into their daily work and decision-making.
- Have influence on Spond’s data strategy moving forward as a company.
- Support Spond’s journey to become more data-driven, and build a data culture.
- Apply CI/CD and test automation to new and existing data pipeline workflows
Technologies we’re working with
- Cloud provider: AWS
- Data Lake: Databricks (Delta Lake) on top of S3
- Orchestration: Apache Airflow
- Data Processing: Python/PySpark
- Analytics/Reporting: SQL
We can offer you
- Exceptionally engaged, dedicated and highly skilled colleagues
- Great office location downtown Oslo in a really cool scale-up hub
- A key, influential role in one of Norway’s fastest growing tech services with substantial international ambitions, furthering the Spond Club platform and driving genuine value creation, every single day
- Competitive salary and benefits We look forward to welcoming a new colleague to join us on the next stage in the Spond growth journey.
What we are looking for
- 3 or more years of practical experience in Data Engineering.
- Knowledge and ability to design, and implement a modern data architecture for day-to-day reporting, analytics, and machine learning.
- Experience working with modern data technologies: ETL/ELT-tools, SQL, Spark, etc.
- Ability to write clean, documented, and testable code.
- Knowledge of AWS or any of the major cloud platforms.
- Experience working with integrating data from external systems.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Python, Spark/PySpark.
- Ability to understand business needs, and work with non-technical stakeholders to solve business problems.
- A strong communicator. Will proactively communicate issues and trade-offs with team members to support alignment and fast decision making.
- Fine eye for detail, ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to translate requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
Ideally you’ll also be able to
- Have strong analytical skills and is able to use data to drive insights.
- Design and implement streaming pipelines using Apache Kafka or similar technologies to enable real-time analytics.
- Participate in developing a Data Governance strategy for Spond.
- Implement data catalog for metadata management.
- Have working knowledge of Databricks.
Apply by joining Talented👇