Do you want to work with fast-paced and exciting technology, where the result of your work is experienced by millions of people?
Kindly develops a platform for creating chatbot solutions, used by businesses to engage, assist and convert their visitors & customers online. Our tech reaches over one million users each month, and thousands of messages are processed at every hour on behalf of our customers – Companies such as Elkjøp Nordic, Kahoot, Varner Group and Norwegian, to name a few.
To support our growth we are now on the lookout for a new Machine learning engineer to our product team; someone who is passionate about natural language processing, machine learning and technology, and is smart and friendly! The team consists of 21 developers, designers, and machine learning engineers who are fun, down-to-earth, hardworking and talented people.
About the position
As part of the Machine Learning team at Kindly, you will work on maintaining and improving our existing machine learning services as well as designing and implementing new models and features that make Kindly’s products even better using ML and NLP.
You will find yourself experimenting with and prototyping new ideas as well as productionizing ML models. You will work closely with the product team to take your initial prototype to production through the full feature development cycle: discussing the idea with others, design speccing, development, testing, and finally releasing it into the wild.
Things you will do
- Improve the natural language understanding powering the Kindly products starting from an initial prototype to a production-ready PR
- Improve the performance and scalability of our ML services – response time is paramount!
- Deploy your machine learning models to production and see how they perform in a real-world setting with tens of thousands of users
- Implement effective methods for monitoring, evaluation and analytics for ML
- Architect and develop backend services for training, prediction and annotation (we use Python and FastAPI)
- Collaborate with the delivery team to prioritize our roadmap and assess the impact of the ML features we develop
Who are you?
- A learner and problem solver who is not afraid to dive deep into complex problems, but can also make the right trade-offs to solve the problem at hand.
- You love to experiment with new ideas, but you also have an eye for which experiments have the potential to make it to production.
- You take initiative and ownership of our ML/NLP services and our products in general to identify potential avenues for improvement.
- You are also an easy-going and social person who appreciates and enjoys a good working atmosphere, and likes to have fun at work.
- MSc in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing or similar practical experience in an industrial or research setting
- Broad knowledge of fundamentals and state-of-the-art in natural language processing and machine learning, as well as programming skills in Python
- Ability to communicate specialized material to unspecialized audiences
- Experience of working with NLP and ML from problem definition to deployment
- Hands-on experience with popular ML frameworks such as Tensorflow, Scikit-Learn, Spacy
- Experience with productionizing ML models
- Good understanding of web services and REST APIs
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Google Cloud technologies.
Are you interested?
Apply by joining Talented 👇