Position: Lead Frontend Developer
Ferdia aims to digitize and renew the tour bus industry through an Uber-like approach. We will revolutionize the tour bus market by digitizing small and medium-sized tour bus companies and by making it much easier to rent and use tour buses. Be it for company trips, festivals or football matches.
We have good drive and plans for international expansion. To strengthen and manage our front-end team, we are looking for an experienced front-end developer. We were started in 2016. Currently we are 5 employees in Oslo, and soon we will be more.
We have received support from Innovation Norway, entered into a partnership with Tide (one of Norway’s largest bus companies), and have begun work on internationalization. We are facing an exciting time!
We currently provide 2 services:
- IT platform for tour bus companies that handle sales / orders, planning and invoicing. It is called TEQ and is now in use in 10 bus companies (and counting).
- Bus rental for private customers and companies. We are currently the only player in Norway where the customer can get an accurate price estimate, as well as accept an offer with one click.
You will be the prime mover for the front-end team that develops and maintains the code base. You will guide and coach the team, and set a good standard for the development team through active participation in the development work.
This is what you will be doing
- Build and maintain knowledge of the code base
- Be a driving force for good documentation and architecture
- Maintain and build up your own competence, and coach the team on best practices / good design patterns
- Set a high standard for the FE team, by setting up guidelines, take a peer review of important pull requests, and be a good example through your own participation in the development work.
- Help migrate existing code (from Django web framework) to Vue.
- Have overall responsibility for the entire life cycle of the front-end code
- Be an active supporter for product owner and product manager (planning and specification)
- Be responsible for building working prototypes, which can be tested (MVPs).
- Shape culture and methodology for a growing tech team
- Be responsible for building and managing a library of reusable Vue components
What we can offer
- Competitive terms
- Modern premises in StartupLab in Forskningsparken
- Action scheme
- Good pension and insurance schemes
- At least 3-5 years of experience with React and / or Vue (we use Vue, but the leap from React is relatively easy). If necessary, you will have access to courses.
- Relevant education – can be compensated with relevant practical experience
- At least 5 years of experience with CSS and SASS, and updated knowledge
- Experience with the Scrum framework
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English, both written and oral
- Ability to write and read specifications
- Experience with VanillaJS, Bootstrap and Webpack is a plus
- Experience with git (we use gitHub)
- Have a good understanding of front-end architecture, design patterns and best practices
- Work well independently and take the initiative for your own work, and at the same time be a good team player
- Quality and solution oriented
- Structured, and ability to create order out of disorder
- Ability to inspire others and set requirements and expectations
- Thrives in working in a dynamic startup environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with remote teams
- Positive “can do” attitude, but also sober and realistic
We do not expect you to meet all requirements, but that you have a forward-thinking attitude and desire to join a journey with Ferdia.
Apply by joining Talented👇