Position: Azure Technical Lead
About the company
Ironstone currently consists of ~30 employees in Norway and Sweden. We have had a double digit revenue growth since our inception in 2016, and we aim to continue and increase our growth trajectory in the years to come.
Ironstone is an ambitious and innovative cloud company that helps businesses get the best out of cloud technology. We are on a quest to challenge the established, disrupt the IT-market with high-
tech cloud solutions and have loads of fun while doping it. We build our own solutions on top of Microsoft products, and, judging by what our customers say, we are pretty good at it.
We have a strong owner supporting our growth strategy, a clear long term plan, dedicated employees, and perhaps one of the most exciting places for people with a passion for cloud technology. We can offer a place of work where no two days are the same, and where new possibilities appear around each corner.
We have offices in central Oslo and Stockholm – but we are completely open to hybrid solutions and facilitate for home office and remote locations as well.
For us, culture is our number one priority. The right people create the right culture, and with that our services and customer deliveries become state of the art. So, no matter what, your personal qualifications will be the primary factor we consider. Do you have the right attitude with drive and passion towards your profession? Are you solution oriented and a dedicated team-player with respect for those around you? Let’s talk!
Great if you tick a few of the competency-boxes as well, but if you’re the right person, we’d rather shape the role to you than to place you in a box that is already defined.
About the position
As Azure Architect, you will be technical lead of our infrastructure team that consists of both service owners and cloud engineers delivering value towards our customers and R&D on our services. This is a unique possibility to have a high impact in an ambitious growth journey, not only by delivering on exciting customer projects but also ensuring that our services are state of the art. We optimize our customers journey to- and in the cloud. We design and implement the optimal infrastructure, analyse, plan and conduct migrations, and guide customers to optimal usage and productivity with Azure and Office 365 in a constantly evolving cloud environment. Everything we do is done based on Microsoft’s latest tools and technologies.
We are looking for a technical Azure evangelist, with a commercial mindset, that is able to lead a customer from high level challenges through the drawing board and later to a clearly defined project plan that is executed to bring a new and improved situation for the customer.
Having a broad knowledge over many areas, as well as a lot of project experience makes the Architect able to easily grasp the whole picture and present solutions that shows the customer value of the project outcome.
More specifically, you will be:
- Participating in pre-sales activities
- Designing architecture with Microsoft Azure that meets customer’s technical, security, and business needs
- Estimating and planning projects together with project manager and team
- Joining in to work hands-on on projects, ensuring quality, processes and documentation is high quality for others to lean on
- Having one or multiple ownerships towards services and/or systems, responsible for R&D plans and activities ensuring our services are word-class
- Doing internal and external workshops & trainings in relevant areas
- Transferring knowledge to colleagues and functioning as mentors for Junior Cloud Engineer, Cloud Engineers and Cloud Experts.
- Relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience working with Microsoft Azure
- Proven experience as cloud architect for larger cloud implementations
- Relevant certifications
There must be a cultural and personality fit between you and Ironstone. What really matters is that you can recognize yourself in the following:
- Most importantly: “I can do this” attitude
- Proactive and with a strong work ethic, including a track record for keeping deadlines
- Motivated by helping others reach their potential, a dedicated team-player
- Passion for technology and world class service to customers (great communicative skills)
- Not afraid to take on responsibilities that may be “non-core” so long as they support Ironstone’s vision
Your professional skills should cover most of these areas:
- Enterprise solution design
- Agile approach to sales, implementation, projects and operations.
- Setup and optimize web solutions in Azure (Functions, API, App Services and Kubernetes)
- Subject matter expert in networking, IaaS and PaaS. Best practices, architecting and deployment and operations
- In depth knowledge of Azure AD and governance in Azure
- Migrations from On-Prem to Azure: VMs and web services
- Proven track-record for automation, cost reduction and optimization
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary, remuneration and benefits
- Flat and agile organization with agile processes and high employee- and customer engagement
- Flexible work hours and a modern approach to hybrid/home office
- The opportunity to advance your experience in the cloud technology field, together with high-skilled colleagues
- No traditional on-premise operations
- Trainings, certifications and events
- General, health and travel insurance. Both private and work
- Training subscriptions, mobile, and broadband
Apply by joining Talented👇