Position: Frontend Web Developer
Tech stack: React, Typescript
Location: Trondheim / Oslo / Remote (Norge)
Nomono enables storytellers to be creative by freeing them from the complexity of audio production by simplifying the whole process: the setup of equipment, the recording and the post-production. Nomono offers both the hardware for recording audio and sound, and the platform enabling you to edit the content on a cloud solution post-production. We build technology that fades into the background and feels invisible, to make audio storytelling a human experience, not a technical challenge.
We are now looking for a highly motivated frontend developer who will build a rich, interactive and high-performing cloud service that provides great-sounding audio processing tools.
You will join a growing team of experienced software developers, designers, hardware engineers and audio researchers. We promote cross-functionality with overlapping roles and responsibilities. As a member of the team you will contribute actively to software quality through thorough testing and code reviews. You will share knowledge of tools and technologies and recommend best practices. Instead of struggling with technical debt and outdated legacy code, your work should actively shape our products now and in the future.
In this role you will contribute to a stimulating user experience for our customers by creating intuitive and engaging user interfaces. This means excellent development practices and careful code architecture in an organization built around rapid releases.
As our frontend web developer we’ll entrust you with responsibilities to architect and build new features, tools, and workflows for our web services. You will implement features, frameworks, and fixes, and we expect that you produce clean, readable code and participate in code reviews. It’s also required of you to collaborate with Design, Product, QA, Backend, and Marketing in concepting, prototyping, user testing, and implementing new features. In this position you must also contribute to a robust and trustworthy end-user experience for our SaaS customers.
Our Frontend Technologies
We use React with TypeScript, REST APIs, and WebSockets. An understanding of the DOM, HTML, CSS, accessibility, and cross-browser support, including mobile browsers is also beneficial. Hands on experience with SEO, SEM and tools like Google Analytics, Google Adwords, HubSpot, Hotjar is also something we value if you have. It is nice to have some experience with native app development in Kotlin or Swift, but not a qualification.
It’s ideal if you have a BSc Degree in Computer Science or related technical field, but sufficient relevant experience might compensate for lack of higher education. We also hope you have a few years of experience with frontend work.
We hope you are curious and entrepreneurial, a hands-on, solution oriented do-er, who is accurate, organized, self-driven and proactive. A strong attention to design details including animation, spacing, typography, and element sizing is beneficial in this role. An interest in audio products and sound is a huge bonus!
- Ownership: We’re building this together, and we believe everyone on the team deserves to take part in our success. That’s why we offer all colleagues equity in the company
- Direct influence: We put talent and ideas before titles. You’ll have the fun and freedom, but also the responsibility, to impact what we are making and where we are going
- Hybrid work: We believe the best culture and work emerge from real connections. However, your physical location is secondary to your skills and passion. Work whenever, wherever
- Community: We believe in a flat culture of close collaboration, transparency and trust. Our team is our second family, and we’re here for it. When you get better, we get better
- Flexibility to create: We put innovation over predictability. We value your work in quality, not time stamps. And time off is key to performance. That’s why we offer a flexible vacation policy
- Tools: We’ll make sure you have the tools you need to deliver your best work yet. Your phone calls and internet is on us
Do you want to know more about the position or submit an application? Apply in the form below 👇 or directly to Stine Jørgensen.
Growth Consultant at Nomono
+47 477 11 313