Position: IT Ops and DevOps Engineer
Join us in revolutionizing a whole industry!
Ferdia is a leader in the digitalization of the tour bus industry through an Uber-like approach. We have good drive with international plans, and are searching for someone who can fill the joint role of IT Ops and DevOps.
We will revolutionize the tour bus market by digitizing small and medium-sized tour bus companies and by making it much easier to rent and use tour buses. Be it for company trips, festivals or football matches.
We were started in 2016 and today have 5 employees and will soon be twice as many. We have nice offices at Startup Lab’s premises in Oslo. Our ambition is to grow in Europe. We have received support from Innovation Norway, entered a partnership with Tide (one of Norway’s largest bus companies), and have begun our work on internationalization. We are facing an exciting time!
We currently provide 2 services:
- IT platform for tour bus companies that handle sales / orders, planning and invoicing. It is called TEQ and is now in use in 10 bus companies (and counting).
- Bus rental for private customers and companies. We are currently the only player in Norway where the customer can get an accurate price estimate, as well as accept an offer with one click.
About the position
You will be welcomed to a dedicated team of developers and architects. Until now, we have managed without someone with dedicated focus on IT ops, and DevOps specifically. As we are growing in size and pace, we now recognize that we need someone who can work focused and full-time with IT ops and DevOps related tasks. We hope that you are the right person.
- Enable convenient self-service for developers, so that they can work more efficiently: provide on-demand access to secure, compliant tooling and environments.
- Standardize tooling and streamlined infrastructure processes across the business, to enable organizational unity, greater collaboration, and effective execution of processes
- Process automation: CI / CD, change management, infrastructure- / platform- / configuration- as code
- Continuous logging and monitoring, to allows us to gauge the state of runtime environments, react swiftly if incidents occur (alerts), and provide real-time insights into systems’ performance, stability and security.
IT Ops generally
- Build and maintain a cloud infrastructure and architecture that meets our current and foreseeable needs, in terms of performance, maintainability, flexibility, security and scalability.
- Be a gatekeeper for the IT infrastructure: Administrate and facilitate access to it.
- Make sure that IT Ops are in sync and well aligned with the overall strategy, by coordinating your work with the Lead Backed Developer, CTO, Product Manager and CEO.
- Develop guidelines and standards to assure quality of service to our customers, security and robustness.
What we can offer
- Competitive terms
- Modern premises in StartupLab in Forskningsparken
- Share option scheme
- Good pension and insurance schemes
- Relevant education, or practical relevant experience
- Up to date on modern software engineering (e.g. on infrastructure as code) and software architecture (e.g. relating to cloud deployment and distributed systems)
- Security skills (DevSecOps) and experience
- That you regard security incident handling as a continuous effort, which requires collaboration with end users and developers
- Automation skills
- Coding and scripting skills
- Cloud skills (AWS)
- Testing skills
Personality, soft-skills and attitude
We hope that you are:
- A team player: Like to work in close collaboration with others, also remotely
- Independent and pro-active: Identify needs on your own, and set the agenda according to what you deem to be important
- Good at communication your thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely (in English, Norwegian is a bonus)
- Able to set priorities according to what is important, both in short and long term, and plan your time accordingly.
- Have a flexible and adaptable mindset: We are a young and small company with tremendous ambitions, growing fast. This means that you need to be flexible and able to adapt to changing conditions. Ideally, you should thrive under such conditions, and like to work in a start-up.
- Not necessarily a perfectionist, but that you understand and appreciate the value of continuous improvement.
Apply by joining Talented👇