Position: Embedded Engineer / Software Test Developer
Location: Trondheim / Hybrid
Nomono enables storytellers to be creative by freeing them from the complexity of audio production by simplifying the whole process: the setup of equipment, the recording and the post-production. Nomono offers both the hardware for recording audio and sound, and the platform enabling you to edit the content on a cloud solution post-production. We build technology that fades into the background and feels invisible, to make audio storytelling a human experience, not a technical challenge.
We’re looking for people who want to build a company that matters. Now we are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong knowledge of embedded programming, software test development and experience with embedded systems.
We believe in a small, dynamic and lean organisation and we promote cross-functionality with overlapping roles and responsibilities. Our growing team consists of experienced software developers, designers, hardware engineers and audio researchers. You will be part of a team responsible for code running on several platforms, and interaction between these platforms. This ranges from microcontroller based devices up to high-end MPUs for processing. You will be instrumental in bringing prototype designs to production, contributing to new designs and for ensuring the code quality through automated testing.
Responsibilities we’ll entrust you with
- Contributing to all firmware platforms in our system
- Automated software testing and unit testing
- Hardware specification, testing and debugging
- Bluetooth optimization
- Contributing to the team and helping define new features
We hope you have
- BSc/MSc in Electronics Engineering or a related field
- At least 2 years of experience with embedded systems
- Experience with Bluetooth and/or power optimization
- Accurate, organised, self-driven and proactive
- Curious and entrepreneurial, a hands-on, solution oriented do-er!
An interest in audio technology and/or sound production is a plus og and is considered to be a huge motivational factor
It would be nice if you have knowledge with technology verticals like wearables, microphones, displays, batteries and/or antennas. If you have experience in microwave/radio electronics and communication, audio signal processing and tools such as NRF SDK / Zephyr and Linux system administration this is considered a bonus. Some familiarity with Atlassian tools for documentation and project management is also beneficial.
We can offer
- Ownership: We’re building this together, and we believe everyone on the team deserves to take part in our success. That’s why we offer all colleagues equity in the company
- Direct influence: We put talent and ideas before titles. You’ll have the fun and freedom, but also the responsibility, to impact what we are making and where we are going
- Hybrid work: We believe the best culture and work emerge from real connections. However, your physical location is secondary to your skills and passion. Work whenever, wherever
- Community: We believe in a flat culture of close collaboration, transparency and trust. Our team is our second family, and we’re here for it. When you get better, we get better
- Flexibility to create: We put innovation over predictability. We value your work in quality, not time stamps. And time off is key to performance. That’s why we offer a flexible vacation policy
- Tools: We’ll make sure you have the tools you need to deliver your best work yet. Your phone calls and internet is on us
Do you want to know more about the position or submit an application? Apply in the form below 👇 or directly to Stine Jørgensen.
Growth Consultant at Nomono
+47 477 11 313