Position: Senior Software Engineer
Deepinsight is a 5-year-old healthcare data product company. Our vision is to take advantage of the unused potential in today’s health data through mathematics and code to create better health services. We shoot for the stars and have partnered up with the finest companies and investors in the industry to reach our ambitious goals. We have an active collaboration with Norway’s largest Electronic Health Record (EHR) service provider for hospitals, DIPS AS, and we have brought on Kernel AS as our long term strategic investor. This unique triangle of players sets the stage for one of the most thrilling startup adventures in the intersection of healthcare, data and technology in Europe.
We are now looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our development team to work on our products and make sure that our data scientists have the best possible tools at hand. We are growing at a fast pace, which enables tailoring the kind of role that aligns with your career goals – the role can lean towards mentoring or architecture work, for example.
Would you like to join the adventure and make a real difference in the Norwegian healthcare industry? We hope to talk to you soon!
As Senior Software Engineer at Deepinsight, you’ll get to
- deploy and maintain working systems in highly secured environments in healthcare,
- contribute to giving our data scientists superpowers; you will be enabling them to build and deploy their own data and ML pipelines,
- contribute to lifting the engineering skills of our data scientists through active collaboration, and work closely with the other Deeps: experienced engineers, data scientists and product managers.
To be successful in this role, we hope that you
- feel inspired by our mission and values,
- are motivated to build and scale a data and AI company,
- take responsibility and initiative, and are self-driven,
- love software development and enjoy problem-solving,
- have experience of programming in widely used languages (e.g. Python, Java, or Scala) and willingness to learn other languages when required,
- are able to design systems that are highly scalable and reliable,
- have experience of building APIs and services using REST,
- acknowledge the importance of code quality and see how testing and code review can help achieve this,
- care for privacy and security and have at least a basic understanding of these.
Experience from a SaaS product company is a plus but not required. We appreciate a technology-agnostic approach to engineering.
We can offer
- The opportunity to join and shape a purpose-driven company aiming to truly make a difference in healthcare
- A culture that fosters continuous learning, curiosity and transparency. We have a flat hierarchy, and everyone gets a say when we make decisions. Just to give an example, our ENPS (Employer Net Promoter Score) is double the industry standard (Q1, 2022) which we are very happy and proud of!
- Given the challenges that lie ahead in scaling and building a technology company, plenty of opportunities for personal growth
- Working with other Deeps who take pride in their craft and have a pragmatic approach to solving problems
- A chance to work with top engineers, data scientists, user researchers and the rest of the product team
- A competitive salary, private health insurance and paid mobile telephone subscription
- Participation in our employee shareholder programme
- Flexible work hours and a culture that values work-life balance
The Deeps are purpose-driven, ambitious, curious, and motivated by our mission of using math for good. At Deepinsight we believe in tackling problems that matter. We believe in building data driven products that will completely alter the way healthcare works today, and we take pride in our craft while doing so. We believe in building a safe work environment where Deeps can thrive and be happy. Deeps first is our mantra. It is people that build great products, and it is people that build great companies. Together we are on a journey of learning. No one is perfect, and we try to inspire and challenge each other every single day.
If you believe that Deepinsight sounds like a good match for you, we would love to get in touch. Contact Erkko Vanhakartano for more information and we’ll take it from there! 👇
Talent Acquisition Consultant at Deepinsight
+358 40 5509319