Position: Android Engineer
Location: Trondheim / Oslo / Remote
Nomono enables storytellers to be creative by freeing them from the complexity of audio production! This by simplifying the whole process, from the setup of equipment, the recording and the post-production. Nomono offers both the hardware for recording magical audio and sound, and the platform enabling you to edit the content on a cloud solution. We build technology that fades into the background and feels invisible, to make audio storytelling a human experience, not a technical challenge.
Since we started in 2019 we have experienced rapid growth and our team today consists of 33 engaging employees sharing our love for sound, stories and human connection. We are looking for a Android Engineer who is excited about developing apps to extend our ecosystem of cloud services for audio production and state of the art wireless audio hardware.
You will join a growing team of experienced software developers, designers, hardware engineers and audio researchers. We promote cross-functionality with overlapping roles and responsibilities. As a member of the team you will contribute actively to software quality through thorough testing and code reviews.
You will share knowledge of tools and technologies and recommend best practices. Instead of struggling with technical debt and outdated legacy code, your work should actively shape our products now and in the future. At Nomono, we put customer experience first!
The Position and Requirements
Together with Design, Marketing, and the rest of the Engineering team, you will lay the groundwork and pave the path for our mobile experiences. This means excellent development practices and careful code architecture in an organization built around rapid releases. In this role you will be responsible for the architect and build new features, tools and workflow for our Android products. You will also implement features, frameworks, and fixes in an Android development environment.
We use Kotlin and we hope you have a strong understanding of it. A few years of experience with Android development is preferred, but we are also open to hiring smart graduates. Experience with React and native app development for iOS (Swift) is a plus. Practical knowledge with building Bluetooth-enabled mobile apps is also a bonus.
We hope you have relevant higher education, and that you have hand-on experience with Android development – the full product lifecycle from design to release. It’s a bonus if you have shipped, maintained, and iterated on Android applications that is implemented and public today. We hope you have a focus on mobile UI design principles and making apps work intuitively.
You should be a self-driven developer who gets energized by a demanding and fast-moving environment. We hope you are positive, solutions-oriented and see opportunities, and you show initiative and get things done!
We can offer
- Ownership: We’re building this together, and we believe everyone on the team deserves to take part in our success. That’s why we offer all colleagues equity in the company
- Direct influence: We put talent and ideas before titles. You’ll have the fun and freedom, but also the responsibility, to impact what we are making and where we are going.
- Hybrid work: We believe the best culture and work emerge from real connections. However, your physical location is secondary to your skills and passion. Work whenever, wherever.
- Community: We believe in a flat culture of close collaboration, transparency and trust. Our team is our second family, and we’re here for it. When you get better, we get better
- Flexibility to create: We put innovation over predictability. We value your work in quality, not time stamps. And time off is key to performance. That’s why we offer a flexible vacation policy.
- Tools: We’ll make sure you have the tools you need to deliver your best work yet. Your phone calls and internet is on us.
Apply by joining Talented👇